Joy

For the past two months, I have had news, big news, amazing news, but I wasn't ready to share with you.

You may remember that last spring our hearts were ripped out and I had to publicly share about it because I had publicly shared the elation that proceeded it. For the past two months, I have guarded myself more. I have let the process play out. I have prayed. I have waited.

Now it's time for you to share in our joy...

We have a son in China.

A precious child with some needs that we know about and likely some that we don't.

A sweet little boy who is almost 4 and will need some surgeries when he gets home to repair a cleft palate and extend a jaw bone.

A wonderful child of God who may or may not be able to hear and is not currently speaking and that is a big, scary unknown but his new momma is a speech therapist and is so excited to hold him.

A desired boy who now has an amazing father, a big brother who will share a room with him and teach him all of the goofy boy things, and a big sister who prays for him daily and is delighted to have a little brother.

There is a little boy on the other side of the world who is not currently part of a family and soon he will be living in our home and have a mom and a dad and a brother and a sister and a cat and grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, good food, a yard to play in, books to read, medical care, a library, snuggles, church, a bike, a pool, toys...Oh, my heart! Oh, the joy!

There aren't many details that I can or will share just yet. If you ask me a question and don't get a full answer, give me grace. It's part of the process. I cannot share everything just yet.
There are some details I will never share because it isn't my story to tell. It is his.
But what I can tell you right now is that we have a son.
He will be 4 this spring.
We will bring him home in a couple of months.
And I will keep you posted as we move closer to that special day.

There is so, so much heartbreak in adoption. Adoption only comes from a place of pain. I have written about that before and I will write about it again.
But, right now, I just want to sit in the joy of redemption.
The joy of family.
The joy of a story that isn't over yet.
The joy of a God who can take such unspeakable pain and make something so gloriously beautiful.

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts