Just Decide Already!

The hardest part about making a decision is making a decision.  I want others to make decisions for me because I want the approval.  A people-pleaser by nature, I don't like to go against the grain or have anyone think I am doing something that I shouldn't.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still willing to take those risks...I just get anxious and defensive if I feel like I'm being criticized.

Adoption is a scary risk.  There are unknowns and past traumas and just so much pain in these little lives. We are happy and blessed and already have two kids who we must protect at all times.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?  But, here's the thing...one of OUR CHILDREN is not with us right now. There is a child in the world who is designed to be in our family and he has to be away from us for a while.  It IS broke, y'all. We DO need to fix it. 

Have you ever had something that you just knew you had to do? A career? A marriage? A choice? Some use the word "calling" or "purpose." C & I reached the point where the conversations shifted from "maybe someday" to "someday" to "why on earth are we waiting to do something that we know we are going to do?!"  We KNOW.  This is the road that our family is supposed to be on.  And I have to keep reminding myself to be gracious when our path isn't understood, because it doesn't have to be understood. We all have a story and we don't need to be able to relate to the decisions that each person has to make for herself, we just need to love each other through it.

Comments

Popular Posts